Leaves caught on fire in front of the house; no one was injured.
Crews from all five fire companies responded to a fire in the 800 block of Meetinghouse Road at about 10 a.m. today. According to Abington Fire Marshal Ken Clark, the fire started in the front of the large house at 857 Meetinghouse Road. “Workers were doing ‘hot work,’ trying to heat material to water-proof the concrete in front of the house,” Clark said. “Some leaves caught fire and it ignited the wood at the entrance way.” Clark said some of the workers attempted to extinguish the fire with a garden hose; they called the fire department when they noticed that the fire had spread to the second floor. No one was injured; fire crews stayed on the scene for a little under a half hour.