Abington Friends School
For more than three centuries, AFS has been a leader in Friends education, with a challenging curriculum balanced by a caring environment that places value on excellence and goodness, spirit and intellect.
Within these dynamic tensions the School seeks to inspire deep inquiry, rigorous analysis, inner spirit and true passion in learning. Students at AFS are fully engaged in the classroom, in the arts, on the athletic fields, in community decision making and in the larger world.
Serving students age 3 through grade 12, the work of the School is rooted in its core Quaker values, which include a profound respect for individuals and an emphasis on equality, simplicity, integrity and service to others.
AFS has stood on its original campus in Jenkintown since 1697 and today, rich in racial, socioeconomic and ideological variety, the School draws students from approximately 75 ZIP codes around the greater Philadelphia area, 100% of whom go on to four-year colleges.
- Hours: Vary
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1697
- Number of students: 700
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Quaker
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13:1 to 16:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 120
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Preschool - 12th grade
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Yes
- Sports teams: 46 Athletic Teams
- Uniforms: No
- Boarding: No
- Advanced placement courses: Yes