The Philadelphia Field Division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) announced yesterday a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading up to the arrest and conviction of the people responsible for 13 armed robberies in the area.
One of those robberies occurred earlier this month at the Rite Aid in Abington.
A joint investigations is being conducted by ATF, the Philadelphia Police, Abington Township and Glenolden Police departments, according to an Oct. 25 ATF press release. All of the robberies included either the theft of prescription pills or money.
The suspect is described as a white man, about 5-foot-8 to 6-feet tall and of average build.
In the Abington robbery, the man was wearing a red hooded sweatshirt, a black scarf over his face and dark gloves; he stole an undisclosed amount of cash from the office of the Rite Aid.
The suspect had a dark colored revolver with a long barrel. The gun was not discharged in any of the robberies.
See the list of robberies below:
- Oct. 17, about 7:10 p.m.: Stanwood Pharmacy, 8035 Bustleton Ave, Philadelphia
- Sept. 29, about 6 a.m.: Rite Aid, 12311 Academy Road, Philadelphia
- Sept. 4, about 9:45 p.m.: Rite Aid, 327 North. Chester Pike, Glenolden, Pa.
- Aug. 6, about 9:40 p.m.: CVS, 7350 Oxford Ave., Philadelphia
- Jul. 4, about 4 p.m.: Rite Aid, 7941 Oxford Ave., Philadelphia
- June. 23, about 10:10 a.m.: Rite Aid, 8445 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- Jun. 11, about 5:20 a.m.: Rite Aid, 6363 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia.
- May 21, about 2:30 a.m.: Rite Aid, 2503 Welsh Road, Philadelphia
- May, 14, about 4:15 a.m.: Rite Aid, 2503 Welsh Road, Philadelphia
- Feb.26, about 11:20 a.m.: CVS, 8525 Frankford Ave., Philadelphia
- Jan. 25, about 7 p.m.: Circle Pharmacy, 2852 Holme Ave., Philadelphia
- Jan. 8, about 9 a.m.: CVS, 7350 Oxford Ave., Philadelphia.
Anyone with information about any of the robberies or the identity of the individual(s) should call the ATF Hotline at 1-800-ATF-GUNS; or email: ATFTips@atf.gov