Potatoes take a long time to cook – a very, very long time! I threw mine on the grill before I began to prep my steaks and they came off at the same time. The potatoes were on for about 30 minutes and were perfectly cooked. I definitely recommend this method.
These were also delicious, with a nice hint of flavor without being overly spicy and complementing the steaks beautifully. Add slices of onion to the pouch for extra flavor!
These will make a great addition to your picnic spread this Memorial Day weekend, or for any barbeque, or anytime you’re grilling!
- 2 baking potatoes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Thinly slice potatoes and place onto a long sheet of aluminum foil.
- Season potatoes with oil, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill.
- Wrap potatoes in foil, folding in all sides to create a pouch, repeating the process with a second piece of foil if necessary.
- Place pouch of potatoes on grill turning occasionally.
- Cook 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.