- The prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, sexual identity or sexual expression. It also establishes a human relations commission. The ordinance passed 10-5. It appeared every resident tried to squeeze into the township’s board room. It goes into effect immediately. Check back later today for photos and video.
- Today is Friday … and it is the 13th day of the month. These things happen, people. Friggatriskaidekaphobics, watch out for ladders, black cats, mirrors … Actually, it’s probably best to just stay in the house. Not sure what friggatriskaidekaphobia is? Check this story out.
- Saturday, April 14 is the inaugural “Keep the Parade Running” 5K and 1-mile walk. Organized by Abington Township Commissioner Carol Gillespie, the 5K benefits the Greater Glenside Patriotic Association and honors the late Mike Gillespie. . The race starts at 8 p.m. at the North Penn VFW, Post 676.
- The PTA is holding a clothing drive Saturday, April 14 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the school. The organization is collecting clothes, linens, towels, shoes and small toys. Just put them in a dark trash bag. Residents may also drop off used books for the Spring Fair Book Sale.
- The second annual Familial Dysautonomia Path to The Cure Bike/Walk event will be held Sunday, April 15 at . The event starts at 8:30 a.m. If you’re interested in riding a bike, there are tours consisting of 5, 10 and 25 miles; walkers can roam 1.7 miles or 5 kilometers. Click here to visit the event’s website; for photos and video of last year’s event, click here.
And a bonus thing ...