Newly-appointed Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas Judge (and former Abington Commissioner) Gail Weilheimer administered the oath of office to the nine commissioners during Monday's reorganization meeting in Abington.
Weilheimer said it was the first job she's undertaken as a judge ... and had some nice things to say about Abington.
Below is a list of the commissioners who were sworn in on Monday night.
- Lawrence Jones, of Ward 3
- Stephen Kalinoski, of Ward 6
- Peggy Myers, of Ward 8
- Thomas Farren of Ward 12 and
- Lori Schreiber, of Ward 14
The newly-appointed commissioners are:
- Michael Markman, of Ward 2 (replacing Robert Wachter)
- Jimmy DiPlacido, of Ward 4 (replacing Jay O'Connor)
- Benjamin Sanchez, of Ward 7 (replacing Matthew Willis)
- Tom Hecker, of Ward 10 (replacing James Ring)