Gov. Mitt Romney said during the presidential debate that although he likes Big Bird, he is planning on cutting subsidies to PBS.
That comment came during the beginning of the debate. By the end of the debate, Twitter was buzzing. "Big Bird" was trending. @BigBirdRomney was created and had more than 6,000 followers.
Many images made their way onto Twitter, including one with Big Bird holding a sign that says "Will Work For Food."
What do you think about funding for PBS? Should the federal government subsidize it? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Abington, Cheltenham Ranked on Newsweek's Best High Schools in America List
- Retiring at 50: Could You Follow This Woman's Extreme Savings Plan?
- What’s the Going Rate For a Lawn Service in the Abington Area?
- Abington Curriculum Specialist to Leave for Centennial
- Willow Grove Man Arrested After Doing a Favor