With it so hot outside, I’ve been doing everything to make help my family think of cool, tropical breezes and warm sandy beaches.
I think I succeeded with this tangy, sweet chicken breast, made with a mango marinade, to which I added lime juice and tequila. No worries about the kiddos, either, the alcohol cooks off, and all you’re left with is the flavor.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced about an inch thick
- ½ cup mango-based marinade, push more for basting (I used world Harbors Mango Marinade)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine chicken, marinade, lime juice, tequila, salt and pepper in a gallon sized Ziploc baggie and massage to combine, making sure all pieces of chicken are coated.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes. (The longer you marinate, the more flavor you’ll impart to the chicken)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken pieces on a baking sheet, leaving room between them. Discard left over mango-lime-tequila marinade.
- Bake for 5 minutes on the middle rack.
- Brush some of the mango marinade over chicken and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.