Five Things: Saturday, Nov. 3
Here are five things you, as an Abington resident, should know about today.
- The Lee’s Hoagie Houses — in Abington and in Horsham — are donating 10 percent of their sales today, Nov. 3, to help victims of Hurricane Sandy. The Hoagie Houses are open from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Is there a better reason/excuse to buy a hoagie today? No. No there isn’t.
- Abington children will get their trick-or-treat on tonight. The Abington Board of Commissioners designated tonight, Saturday, Nov. 3, as trick-or-treat night for Abington youngsters due to the extreme weather earlier this week. Make sure you have extra candy on hand. See the story here.
- The Willow Grove VFW and the Helping Hand Foundation will host a free lunch for Abington residents who still do not have electrical power today at the Willow Grove VFW from 11:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. If you know of anyone in Abington who does not have power, please let him or her know about the event. Donations of food and time are welcome. The Willow Grove VFW is located at 305 Moreland Road; its phone number is 215-659-3782.
- Don’t forget to set your clock back one hour late tonight/early Sunday morning. Daylight Saving Time ends. Don’t worry. It’s the one where you gain an hour of sleep.
- The Penn State Abington men’s soccer team won the North Eastern Atlantic Conference (NEAC) regular season title and is in the playoffs. PSU Abington will face off against PSU Harrisburg early this morning.