Facebook Tests Charging for Messages
Sending messages to people who are not your "friends" on the social network service will cost you a dollar.
- December 22, 2012
Facebook is testing a new messaging feature in the U.S. where users can pay to message someone who isn’t their friend.
In a news release, Facebook explains spending the $1 to send a message will ensure that your message gets sent to the receiver's Inbox, where it will generate a notification that the recipient sees, instead of the "Other" folder, where it could be hidden indefinitely unless the recipient happens to look in there.
Watch the video to learn more.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Abington, Cheltenham Ranked on Newsweek's Best High Schools in America List
- Retiring at 50: Could You Follow This Woman's Extreme Savings Plan?
- What’s the Going Rate For a Lawn Service in the Abington Area?
- Willow Grove Man Arrested After Doing a Favor
- Abington Curriculum Specialist to Leave for Centennial