Abington School Board: PSSA, AYP Update
The Abington School Board will meet at 7:30 p.m.
According to the Abington School Board draft agenda, school officials will provide an update on how students in the district fared in the Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA) tests. They will also provide an update on Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP).
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Education website, out of the 3,711 students who took the 2011 PSSA mathematics test:
- 64 percent scored “advanced”
- 25 percent scored “proficient”
- 8 percent scored “basic” and
- 3 percent scored “below basic”
For the 3,690 students who took the 2011 PSSA reading test:
- 52 percent scored “advanced”
- 34 percent scored “proficient”
- 9 percent scored “basic” and
- 5 percent scored “below basic”
To see how Abington stacks up against every other district in the state, check out the pdf section to the right.
District officials will also hold an orientation that deals with the social media sites Facebook and Twitter.
The Abington School Board will meet tonight at the district’s administration building at 7:30 p.m.